Location: Middle Tay, between Murthly and Islamouth
- Five year average: 132 salmon/grilse
- 2.25 miles predominately double bank fishing, with 12 pools
- Maximum rods: 8 (plus 2 house rods occasionally used)
- A ghillie service is provided
- Fishing hut and toilet facilities
- Private car park
- Tackle/Equipment hire available (must be booked in advance)
- Prices from £25 to £115 + VAT per rod per day
- Boat with personal ghillie £100 + VAT per day (subject to availability and must be booked in advance)
- Personal ghillie £100 + VAT per day (must be booked in advance)
- Season 15 January – 15 October
Kercock Fishings is one of the prolific Lower Middle Tay beats. Located in the heart of the Perthshire countryside away from all the noise and stress of everyday life, you can come to fish with us safe in the knowledge that you will have expert guidance from our resident Head Ghillie who will be waiting to greet you at our main fishing hut. We provide two and a quarter miles of predominantly double bank fishing with good vehicular access. Conditions are suitable for both the fly and spinning and can comfortably accommodate the novice and more experienced angler alike.
The beat offers a wide variation of water (12 named pools) which has shown to fish well in all river levels. Our fly water is excellent with easy access and wading generally on shingle banks.
Salmon are caught on this beat throughout the season. Spring salmon are regularly caught from the start of the season, the fishing picking up in summer when the grilse arrive and then the big autumn runs from August through to mid October.
A ghillie service is provided and tuition in all aspects of salmon fishing and Spey casting is also available. Our well equipped fishing hut can comfortably accommodate a full fishing party and has separate ladies and gents facilities. We also have a private car park.
Kercock offers salmon and sea trout fishing for up to 10 rods per day. There are 8 rods available for let with 2 rods retained in-house which are only occasionally fished. Any party wishing to book the full beat may also have the option to take the 2 house rods, at the same cost per rod, to give exclusive use of the Kercock beat.
Corporate groups, individuals or smaller parties are welcome and lets can be of single days or more. Please note that the standard ghillie service is included in the prices.
Kercock is easily accessed from Perth (14 miles) and is 5 miles from the village of Stanley. There are a variety of hotels, country houses, self catering cottages and B&B’s in the area for your accommodation needs.
We accept payment by card with no extra charges.
Prices per rod per day:
- 15 Jan – 13 March £30 (£25 + VAT)
- 15 Mar – 29 May £54 (£45 + VAT)
- 31 May – 31 Jul £66 (£55 + VAT)
- 2 Aug – 28 Aug £96 (£80 + VAT)
- 30 Aug – 15 Oct £138 (£115 + VAT)
- Hire of rod & reel £18 (£15 + VAT) per day, must be booked in advance
- Hire of waders £15 (£12.50 + VAT) per day, must be booked in advance
- The standard Ghillie service is included in the above prices
- Personal Ghillie service £120 (£100 + VAT) per day, must be booked in advance
- Boat with personal Ghillie £120 (£100 +VAT) per day, must be booked in advance
- Life jackets are freely available
Or email: email@example.com